Passionate about giving back
Melinda Minton has been volunteering all of her life. As a young person Minton enjoyed building compost bins and community gardens for inner city dwellers to grow fresh vegetables,re-building homes destroyed by hurricanes, working with Amnesty International and donating time to the elderly were all favorite activities.
As an adult Minton actively works with:
- The Rockefeller International Foundation helping with business and financial planning for worldwide projects in developing countries.
- Amnesty International which is focused on international human rights.
- Water.org providing resources for women and girls who spend hours every day just getting water—oftentimes not potable.
- Red Cross working on events that give to an international resource that is seemingly everywhere when disaster strikes.
- World Vision by donating goats, chickens and real resources to families and villages in Africa.
- Trees, Water, People funding stoves and marketing coffee to decrease deforestation in Central America.